Who we are:
Ticker has built a next-generation motor insurer, leveraging connected car data and data science across every aspect of the business, including pricing, underwriting, customer engagement and claims.
The motor insurance landscape is set for a major shift and the battleground will be won or lost in the next five years. It will all come down to pricing sophistication and the most efficient use of machine learning and artificial intelligence across the whole value chain.
The business includes a first-class executive team with a proven track-record in building successful insurtechs and running some the largest insurers in the UK.
What the role is:
As a connected motor insurer, our customers are at the heart of everything we do.
We’re creating a new team to be responsible for handling customer complaints in accordance with regulatory requirements, whilst also making sure the customer has the best possible experience during the complaint journey.
Our new and exciting complaint handler role will see complaints through to conclusion, carrying out thorough investigations to reach the right outcome.
What you’ll be doing with your days:
- Taking ownership of complaints through to resolution with the customer
- Keeping meticulous records to make sure that the FCA’s complaint handling requirements are met
- Making the customer complaint journey as easy as possible, for both written and telephone complaints, to give customers the best possible experience
- Speaking with the customer to understand their concerns and ensure they’re kept informed at every step, with a clear understanding of your outcome
- Carrying out thorough investigations of complaints in line with business standard, always giving consideration to regulations around Treating Customers Fairly and Consumer Duty
- Supporting in Root Cause Analysis and suggesting improvements to help mitigate future complaints
- Providing feedback on service issues to the Operations Department to improve future service and prevent further errors
- Preparing complaint files for the Financial Ombudsman Service, keeping up business standards
Skills you’ll need:
- Confidence speaking about complaints over the phone, with a knack for explaining things in a way that makes sense
- Strong organisation and a keen eye for detail, with the ability to remain impartial
- A curious nature with a desire to put things right
- Previous complaint handling experience, ideally in motor insurance or general insurance
- Experience of working in an FCA regulated environment, plus a good working knowledge of the FCA’s complaint handling regulations
- A good understanding of the role of the Financial Ombudsman Service
- Good letter-writing skills, and be able to explain things clearing in writing.
- Excellent listening skills
- The ability to multi-task and keep to deadlines
- The ability to work independently, managing your own workload, and as part of a team
- Generous salary
- Bonus scheme (based on company and personal performance)
- Enthusiastic investment in your development
- Flexible home working - remote first
- Private medical insurance (partner/family rates available)
- Income protection insurance
- Death-in-service insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (increases to 27 days after 5 years)
- Bonus day off for your birthday
- Holiday purchase scheme (up to 5 days per year)
Our business is remote-first, but we have a great office based in a rural location in Surrey (Godalming) with direct links to London from nearby Guildford. Your location is not an issue if you’re happy to be in the office for team meetings from time to time.