Who we are:
Ticker has built a next-generation motor insurer, leveraging connected car data and data science across every aspect of the business, including pricing, underwriting, customer engagement and claims.
The motor insurance landscape is set for a major shift and the battleground will be won or lost in the next five years. It will all come down to pricing sophistication and the most efficient use of machine learning and artificial intelligence across the whole value chain.
The business includes a first-class executive team with a proven track-record in building successful insurtechs and running some the largest insurers in the UK.
What the role is:
As our Digital Customer Service Representative, you’ll be part of a digital team responsible for helping customers with queries and making any necessary policy changes. You’ll be providing exceptional customer service and be willing to go that extra mile to help us continue to deliver excellent standards of customer service. Contact from customers will be largely via our online chat platform, with the occasional need to make an outbound call to help a customer with a query.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about delivering an outstanding customer experience and have a helpful personality. Previous customer service experience is helpful but not essential. What we’re really interested in is someone with good conversation skills and who has a genuine passion for going above and beyond for customers – everything else we can teach you!
Please note: This is a hybrid role. After the initial four weeks’ training, based in our office in Godalming, we offer a hybrid model of home and office-based working; two days from the office and three days from home. Days of working are Monday to Friday, plus one Saturday per month (shift patterns to be agreed).
What you’ll be doing with your days:
- Providing excellent customer service via our live chat platform
- Answering general and technical questions about Ticker’s products, device, and app and making any relevant policy changes
- Handling sometimes complex customer queries
- Identifying and handling any initial complaints that come into the front line team
- Carrying out policy administration and offering call backs where needed
- Dealing with customer payment queries, liaising with our finance house as required
- Proactively identifying customer-impacting issues and escalating to the Customer Service Team Leader
- Ad-hoc tasks relating to the administration of the customer policy to ensure a positive customer experience
- You can demonstrate excellent communication skills that let you engage in effective conversations, build strong connections and show empathy to our customers
- You can take ownership of customer enquiries through to resolution, and pride yourself on delivering an exceptional customer experience in a personalised, friendly way
- You’re resilient to a changing environment; our company is growing and we’re looking for people to join us who are flexible and able to adapt to new challenges
- You have great problem solving abilities and a passion to help
- You can multitask and prioritise workload in a fast-paced environment
- You’ll pay attention to detail on spelling and grammar as you’ll be typing most of your conversations
- You’re enthusiastic and willing to learn
Skills you’ll need:
- Comfort in holding conversations by online chat
- Excellent communication
- The ability to learn quickly
- Experience of using Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
- Experience in a customer service role is desirable but not necessary
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK motor insurance industry is a plus
- Digital software experience in Intercom is desirable but not necessary
- Generous salary
- Bonus scheme (based on company and personal performance)
- Enthusiastic investment in your development
- Flexible home working - remote first
- Private medical insurance (partner/family rates available)
- Income protection insurance
- Death-in-service insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (increases to 27 days after 5 years)
- Bonus day off for your birthday
- Holiday purchase scheme (up to 5 days per year)
Our business is remote-first, but we have a great office based in a rural location in Surrey (Godalming) with direct links to London from nearby Guildford. Your location is not an issue if you’re happy to be in the office for team meetings from time to time.