Who we are:
Ticker has built a next-generation motor insurer, leveraging connected car data and data science across every aspect of the business, including pricing, underwriting, customer engagement and claims.
The motor insurance landscape is set for a major shift and the battleground will be won or lost in the next five years. It will all come down to pricing sophistication and the most efficient use of machine learning and artificial intelligence across the whole value chain.
The business includes a first-class executive team with a proven track-record in building successful insurtechs and running some the largest insurers in the UK.
What the role is:
We’re looking for an experienced Finance Business Partner to help us make sure our finance function keeps pace with our fast-growing business.
In this role, you’ll work within the finance team and report to the Head of Finance. You’ll support the business in the preparation of budgets & forecast, and will prepare detailed cost benefit analysis of new initiatives and projects. You’ll need to be a fully qualified accountant with relevant experience gained in insurance.
The role is varied and we’re looking for your input and expertise to help develop a leading finance function, with smooth processes that add value to Ticker.
What you’ll be doing with your days:
- Supporting key stakeholders in the preparation of budgets & forecast.
- Managing and reviewing the forecasting and budgetary process, which includes: reviewing and critically analysing income and costs, challenging and highlighting any variances, and ensuring onward communication is managed in a clear, concise way
- Preparing detailed cost benefit analysis of new initiatives and projects, helping to shape the priorities of the business
- Working with key stakeholders to identify relevant insights, aiding the financial planning and analysis process
- Managing and reviewing both cashflow and balance sheet forecasting
- Maintaining a continuous improvement approach to reporting, with the building and maintenance of reports out of the accounting system
Skills you’ll need:
- Experience in a financial planning, cost-benefit analysis and business partnering with senior stakeholders
- Expertise in technical accounting/FP&A/financial reporting/financial modelling
- Commercial communication skills where you’ll be able to use data insights to drive key decisions – this will include presenting and interacting to/with key department heads
- You must be a fully qualified accountant with ACA, CIMA or ACCA, and have held a relevant role such as: Management Accountant, Finance Business Partner, FP&A Analyst, Financial Reporting Manager or similar
- Experience within financial services or insurance is an advantage
- You must have advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- You’ll be able to conduct in-depth analysis, FP&A and have financial modelling experience
- Experience using BI
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Generous salary
- Bonus scheme (based on company and personal performance)
- Enthusiastic investment in your development
- Flexible home working - remote first
- Private medical insurance (partner/family rates available)
- Income protection insurance
- Death-in-service insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (increases to 27 days after 5 years)
- Bonus day off for your birthday
- Holiday purchase scheme (up to 5 days per year)
Our business is remote-first, but we have a great office based in a rural location in Surrey (Godalming) with direct links to London from nearby Guildford. Your location is not an issue if you’re happy to be in the office for team meetings from time to time.