Who we are:
Ticker has built a next-generation motor insurer, leveraging connected car data and data science across every aspect of the business, including pricing, underwriting, customer engagement and claims.
The motor insurance landscape is set for a major shift and the battleground will be won or lost in the next five years. It will all come down to pricing sophistication and the most efficient use of machine learning and artificial intelligence across the whole value chain.
The business includes a first-class executive team with a proven track-record in building successful insurtechs and running some the largest insurers in the UK.
What the role is:
We’re looking for a Management Accountant to help us make sure our finance function keeps pace with our fast-growing business.
As our Management Accountant, you’ll work in the finance team and report to the Finance Manager. We work to the usual monthly financial reporting cycle and you’ll be responsible for day-to-day finance activities, supporting the production of the monthly management accounts and forecasting process.
The role is varied, so you’ll get involved in a large number of tasks to make sure all business needs are met and deadlines are hit. We’re looking for your ideas and expertise to help develop a finance function that works closely with the business and adds value to Ticker.
Experience of working within insurance is essential.
What you’ll be doing with your days:
- Preparing and posting journals, accruals and prepayments to ensure accuracy of accounts
- Preparing monthly product management accounts with variance analysis and commentary to a month end timetable
- Managing day-to-day cashflow, ensuring daily forecasts are updated
- Preparing payroll
- Preparing and being actively involved in the budgeting and forecasting process including variance analysis
- Completing VAT returns
- Balance sheet reconciliations and control
- Enhancing, innovating and improving existing processes and controls
- Other ad hoc tasks and support as required
Skills you’ll need:
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA-qualified preferred, although we will consider applications from candidates qualified by experience
- Proven experience in preparing and presenting management accounts
- Prior insurance experience
- Positive, proactive and enthusiastic
- Exceptionally strong Excel working knowledge
- Ability to work with large quantities of data and multiple systems
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated individual who can juggle lots of responsibilities
- Good communication skills, with the ability to liaise effectively with stakeholders
- Care with detail and respect for confidential information
- Flexibility and commitment, with a focus on quality and delivery
- Generous salary
- Bonus scheme (based on company and personal performance)
- Enthusiastic investment in your development
- Flexible home working - remote first
- Private medical insurance (partner/family rates available)
- Income protection insurance
- Death-in-service insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (increases to 27 days after 5 years)
- Bonus day off for your birthday
- Holiday purchase scheme (up to 5 days per year)
Our business is remote-first, but we have a great office based in a rural location in Surrey (Godalming) with direct links to London from nearby Guildford. Your location is not an issue if you’re happy to be in the office for team meetings from time to time.